Chef Fred provides a cannabis infused sesame ahi tuna recipe that will melt your tastebuds.
Seared Sesame Encrusted Ahi Tuna with Roasted Garlic Quinoa and Seared Baby Bok Choy
SESAME ENCRUSTED AHI TUNA-
4 Ahi Steaks
¼ Cup Mixed, Toasted Sesame Seeds
¼ Cup Sesame Oil
¼ Gram Oil (winterized Pura Co2 oil, 200mg THC was used for this recipe)
- Heat sesame oil on low heat in small bowl, combine Co2 oil and stir bringing the two oils together as one oil. Let cool.
- Place toasted sesame seeds on a plate. Pat dry tuna steaks with a paper towel to remove excess water. Dredge and press tuna in sesame seeds, coating the tuna evenly. Sprinkle with more seeds as needed.
- In a medium frying pan over medium-high heat, warm the oil until just smoking. Frying two portions at a time, arrange the tuna steaks in the pan (do not overcrowd) and cook until the sesame seeds start to turn golden underneath, about one minute. Turn the tuna over and cook for one minute. Sear the edges of the tuna for 15 seconds on each edge. Transfer the tuna to a plate that is covered with a paper towel, patting to gently soak up any excess oil. Repeat with remaining tuna portions. Transfer tuna to a cutting board and cut in half to make triangle.
1 tablespoon butter
¼ gram oil (Winterized Pura Co2 oil 200 mg THC was used for this recipe)
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups vegetable broth
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
½ tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
¼ teaspoon salt
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 dash fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Melt butter and Co2 oil, combining as one and in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the quinoa and toast, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes, or until quinoa is tender.
- In a bowl, toss quinoa together with garlic, parsley, thyme, salt, and onion. Sprinkle with lemon juice, and serve.
By: Chef Fred
Chef Fred has made a name in the industry helping patients all throughout California. His work has been published in Hightimes.com, Kush Mag, Chronic Mag, Playboy Mag and TV, National Geographic, Fast Company, Thrillist.com, Chow, SF Chronicle, Grub Street, and CBS National News. Chef Fred hosts The DJ Chef Fred Show on Salacious Streets Sprint Mobile TV. Chef Fred is also known as “DJ CHEF FRED”. He is the only DJ Cannabis Chef in the world that simultaneously DJ’s and prepares infused food for VIP’s at events such as High Times 2010-2016, Chalice 2015 and 2016, Las Vegas Hempfest 2014-2016, Indo Expo and Emerald Cup 2014-2015, Hempcon 2012-2016. Chef Fred has also been on the edible panel for High Times two years here in San Francisco. Please come and check out one of the shows near you and say hello.
This year, Chef Fred is bringing the cannabis culinary world CANNAGASTRO.COM. This will be the first large scale International Cannabis Gastronomic competition; high quality cuisine infused or medicated for patients with a cannabis recommendation in the state of California. The food prepared has hints of marijuana flavor with the highest quality concentrates of THC and CBD not to ever overpower the integrity of the dish keeping the patient spiritually uplifted, medicated, nourished as well as shedding light in a time of pain, suffering and loneliness. “My compassion is the driving force behind my desire to help those in pain. My recipes consist of proven recipes with a track record for success on a corporate, fine dining, and personal chef platform delivering a healthy alternative to smoking or vaporizing medications. By delivering the highest quality ingredients on earth, my food, extracts and recipes are unparalleled.” says Chef Fred.
To contact Chef Fred, send email to Cheffn3@gmail.com
And be sure to follow Chef Fred on social media: @djcheffred and @deepgreendynamics