By: Alice Williams How much smoking and vaping is harmful? Throughout the political and medical worlds, this has been a topic of controversy. Everyone clearly sides with the fact that smoking is way more injurious. But on the other hand, they have contrasting statements for vaporizers and their effects on the human body. In this […]
By: Alice Williams
How much smoking and vaping is harmful? Throughout the political and medical worlds, this has been a topic of controversy. Everyone clearly sides with the fact that smoking is way more injurious. But on the other hand, they have contrasting statements for vaporizers and their effects on the human body. In this article, you can find everything about what scientists have found about smoking and vaping products. Let’s dig in.
Smoke of any sort is hazardous for your respiratory system. That includes smoking both marijuana and tobacco. The latter is the worst thing you can put into your body through a cigarette. On the other hand, marijuana may not be as bad as tobacco, but the smoke can still be harmful. But why is that? Whenever you burn the herbs directly, it gives out toxic substances along with the flavorful vapors. These particles settle down in your lungs and cause damage by accumulating. Therefore, the more you smoke, the more you destroy your breathing.
How Harmful Is It Actually?
Tobacco directly or indirectly is responsible for killing off 480,000 deaths in the USA alone and millions more in the whole world. In the case of cannabis, it isn’t this severe, but some research does raise alarms.
Studies have found that smoking marijuana damages the lungs’ airways and slowly leads to a serious medical condition called chronic bronchitis. However, it is only severe when frequently taken in a large amount. 
Long-Term Smoking Effects 
- Increase the risk of lung cancer
- Increase the risk of pregnancy complications
- Immune system malfunction
- Increases inflammation
- Trigger asthma
- Increase the risk of stroke
Vaping generates vapors in a less harmful way but exposing the plant matter to hot circulating air. As a result, only the most potent and flavorful particles emerge. That is why vaping is a healthier alternative to smoking, having lesser health risks. On the other hand, medical professionals recommend vaping cannabis as a therapeutic way to deal with various physical and mental illnesses — anxiety, depression, epilepsy, psychosis, cancer, and the list goes on.
Benefits of Vaping Cannabis
- Cannabinoids present in marijuana help soothe brain activity, relieving the patient from chronic pain.
- Vaping is being used as a tool to fight alcoholism and addictive smoking habits. 
- It has proven magically effective against mental disorders — post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, social anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc.
- Theories suggest that cannabinoids can slow down the growth of cancer cells, impeding the spread. However, more research is needed to prove this.
- CBD-based drugs are used to minimize the effects of epilepsy. 
- Vaping cannabis has also shown positive effects against multiple sclerosis.
Long Term Health Risks of Vaping
- Overuse may accelerate mental health problems like psychosis and worsens conditions like schizophrenia.
- A faulty vaping device gives rise to toxic particles that can prove harmful for your respiratory airways. So always choose a high-quality vaping device from trusted vape stores.
- Vaping marijuana increases the risk of respiratory diseases like lung cancer. Still, more research is needed to come to a conclusion.
- Vaping cannabis can complicate pregnancy.
- Increases the risk of immune system malfunction.
No matter what you put in the cigarette, the combustion will give rise to harmful toxins capable of destroying everything in their path. Whether it is tobacco or cannabis flower, both will prove injurious when smoked. Vaping is a different case; the clouds aren’t as toxic as cigarette smoke. But that doesn’t mean they are completely harmless. Many studies have shown that even vaping have long term health risks, but the scenario isn’t as severe as smoking. Therefore, we can safely assume vaporizers to be a healthier alternative.